Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Better today

I am much better today. So weird how just suddenly one day, days after the chemo the side effects begin to wear off and I begin to feel better. I guess it's to be expected. Basically chemotherapy is poison being put into my body at regular intervals and my body will have reactions to it, because neither the healthy or damaged cells want it. So there is a down time when my body is being attacked and then there is an up time when the poison is being purged.

I was able to go out to do some shopping with my parents and Nuri today. I spent much of the time sitting in the car or sat down so I did ok. Then I went back to my parents' house and had dinner with them and my brother, sister-in-law and nephews and a cousin. I am still easily tired and still have heart palpitations but less so than before. I have also noticed that I am quite shaky this time. Either because I feel cold because my immune system is down or because I continue to lose hair.

Here I am with no hair, holding my nephew Hajin:

No comments:

Post a Comment