Saturday, April 26, 2014

Third chemo experience

It went alright though there is a particular drug that when it goes into me, I get a headache and I feel heavy and unpleasant. Afterwards I went to a Chinese lunch with my friend Chris and my mum. Later in the afternoon I went to my physio appointment for the nurse to check my mobility in my right arm where they took a lymph node. She was pleased with my progress as the pins and needles have disappeared and I am totally mobile in that arm and am not restricted in any way. 

By the time I got home at around 4pm I was pooped and went down for a little nap. 

I got up today at around 1030am, chatted to a friend on Skype, took my drugs and am already feeling I need another nap and it's only midday!

The tiredness is just all the time and I can do very little. I sometimes wonder if this is God's way of telling me to slow down and to enjoy the present more rather rushing headlong into the future. 

But I am doing ok.  Mum is looking after me and my gorgeous nephews are coming to see me this afternoon. 

I am off for the next week till Fri 2nd May, if you live in Bristol or are coming through come and visit me, especially in the day. It'll be lovely to have some company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment