Monday, April 14, 2014

Cycled to work

I managed to cycle into work today, which I haven't managed to do since my diagnosis nearly two months ago! It didn't take any more energy than before and I don't feel any more breathless than normal which I am really pleased about. I want to try and keep my fitness levels up to counter out the weeks I am lying up after chemo. I have definitely put on weight since this whole thing has begun as lots of my trousers and skirts no longer need a belt to keep them up!

Some of you will have seen a shortened version of this post on Facebook and I wanted to explain my postings on this blog and FB.

I have not announced on Facebook that I have cancer because as you all know friends of friends are able to see posts and I wanted to restrict my news to my actual friends in real life. Facebook is too widespread to be able to be too personal with people one barely knows. So I am unlikely to refer to my having cancer on FB, (though maybe towards the end of treatments). But I love the fact that you guys understand what I am referring to when I post something like my delight in restarting cycling again, because I haven't been able to do it due to my health. 

Also the way I use this blog is as if I was chatting with you in real life and sharing what is going on with me so that you can be part of my journey. I am so comforted by the knowledge that I am not going through this alone, so it is important to me that I share with you in how I am doing. Please do share this blog address with people who are friends with me in real life and who would like to know how I am doing and who I maybe do not have an email address for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment