Friday, May 2, 2014

Up and down

Since my last post I have been up and down. My pattern has been to get up, have breakfast and then lie back down again! Then I'll do something in the day and then have to lie down again later! It is so infuriating how little I can do before getting tired. 

I went in for a work meeting this morning and it gave me a headache so I came home afterwards. I made lunch, laid down and then was better by late afternoon! Annoying, annoying, annoying. As my friend Esther says, I need to be kind to myself, listen to my body and not push myself and to remember that it is only for a time. Easy to say, hard to do!

The side effects are lengthening too. Today is day 8 after my chemo session and I still haven't been able to go back to work. After my first session I was back at work on day 6. It's a good thing the weekend has come round again and there is a bank holiday so I have an extra 3 days before I need to return to work. 

But I am doing ok. Mum continues to stay with me to look after me and it is a blessing in disguise to spend so much time with her. I am so blessed to have such a loving mum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment