Saturday, May 17, 2014

Not so good a chemo session

Uh. I didn't have so smooth of a chemo session this time. The drugs changed because I am halfway through and I had quite a violent reaction to it. When it started going in, I felt overwhelmed, hot and wanting to throw up. The nurse immediately stopped the treatment and the doctor came. They have me more anti sickness meds and gave the meds half an hour to take effect and then started again at a slower rate. It was better the second time round. But the anti sickness meds made me so drowsy. Quite uncomfortable and I just felt so sleepy! And because then the drugs had to go slow, it took 2.5 hours instead of an hour!

I got home and immediately went to sleep and didn't get up till 1030pm!! I had some dinner and went back to sleep again. I am again grateful for my quiet and peaceful flat to recover in. Thank you God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment