Friday, July 25, 2014

Lumpectomy

My lumpectomy surgery went smoothly with no problems. I went into theatre at 9:30am but I don't actually know how long the operation took. I know that I slept a lot after I came to and they monitored me for a little bit before I ate something and went to the loo. So by the time we actually left it was 3pm. I don't think the operation took more than 30 minutes.

I really don't like going under general anaesthetic, because of the feeling of powerlessness but there is really no choice when you're going in for an operation. I just don't like it. This is my third operation under general anaesthetic this year and I hope it will be my last, for this year anyway.

The surgeon is confident that he got the tumour and they also take a circle of healthy tissue around it. It all gets set off to a lab for checking. I get the results in a couple of weeks' time. The doctors and nurses were all very kind and attentive. Thank you NHS.

My chest has been bandaged up like a mummy. I can take it off tomorrow. I am back home now and I am beginning to feel the soreness where they operated. I am taking painkillers.

Thank you God for my surgery and thank you that there were no problems. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Thank God everything went smoothly, both for eye and lumpectomy. Thinking of you :) xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news, Yan. I hope you don't feel too sore. Lots of love Tish

    ReplyDelete