Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Eyelid Operation

I went in for a check up at the eye hospital today and the doctor said that he was recommending a minor eyelid operation to drain the cysts in my lower eyelids of the rest of the mucus that were there. There is a cancellation in the surgery schedule tomorrow and I have been booked in! That brought my sick leave earlier by a day. My head went into a slight spin as I headed back to the office to wrap up by the end of the day to not return for the next 5 months! A day shouldn't really make a difference, but I was psychologically prepared to have one more day to finish and say goodbye. When I got back I just put down my head and stormed through my to do list. I did well and managed to complete everything by 5pm. Sometimes there is nothing like a tight deadline to focus the mind. Also most of my colleagues weren't in the office so it was a shame that I wasn't able to say goodbye. Though it's not a real goodbye as I'll see most of them again in just over a week's time when I come back for the project leaders' meetings. But it will just have been good to mark the shift in how I will work with them from now on as I won't really be around anymore.

And I have the beginnings of a cold so I called my surgeon to make sure that my Friday operation can go ahead. He told me to get some antibiotics from my GP, but the antibiotics for my eye infection are good enough so I don't need more.

My medical journey is certainly very eventful and surprising!

No comments:

Post a Comment