Monday, March 24, 2014

Normal this week

I am back to normal this week, physically and work wise. The light headedness and tiredness has gone and I feel very normal. I've been working but just finishing early each day. 

There are no appointments this week. More next week and also the second cycle of chemo. 

Many people have asked me how I discovered the lump and it was during my shower routine that I noticed that there seemed to be a hard lump underneath the skin in one breast that was not present in the other. I made an appointment with my doctor to get it checked out and she referred me to the hospital. They did an ultrasound and a biopsy and a few days later I learnt of the diagnosis. 

The cancer is in stage 1 so I caught it early and it is hormone sensitive which I am told is a good thing. Don't know why.

So ladies (and gentlemen) it is worth checking yourselves now and again. And yes you gents too. Men can also have breast cancer. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Yan,
    Mark here. Just to let you know that we're praying for you and following your journey through the blog. We'll be in UK over the summer and will see if we can visit you. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete