Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hello new look!

I did it, I shaved it all off......

The speed of the hair falling out got to a point where I had to vacuum the flat every day just not to be walking in hair! That is what ultimately decided it for me. The maintenance of the fallen out hair was just too much. It wasn't worth my time!

My brother, Kalun shaved it all off for me. It wasn't as bad as I thought as it would be. I had a little cry in the morning at the thought, but then when it came to it, I wasn't as emotional as I thought I would be. As some of you guys said, it was empowering to be in control of when I got rid of my hair rather than having it happen to me and me being powerless to stop it. 

It is surprising how cold it is without hair! God gave us hair for insulation and warmth! He knew what He was doing! I've tried on my wig and it looks really close to my normal hairstyle and it is very warm. However, I think wigs are designed to hide the fact that the wearer doesn't have hair and therefore the hair hangs on both sides and moves in front of the face when you are moving and it is very annoying. There is no way of tucking them behind the ears because that is where the cap of the wig starts. I've been wearing hats so far, but it's kind of weird to wear hats indoors and never take them off.

Going bald was really not part of my life's plan but here I am. I am ok about it because I know it is only for a few months and I am so thankful that it's happening in Spring/Summer. Thank you God. 

14 comments:

  1. I know it wasn't planned but you totally rock this look! You've always had those great cheekbones anyway. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yan, you are beautiful inside and out, with or without hair, God is totally for you, with you and will uphold and sustain you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look beautiful! Stunning even!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers Yan! I think you look even more beautiful now. You don't need a wig when you look so good like this xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yan. You are brave and amazing. I think you will get really used to your new look and, as everyone else says, it really suits you! What did Nuri say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So we did the Great Shaving in the kitchen and Nuri ran round us in circles and manically laughed. Not sure what that meant. He was alright about it though once we had finished. He wasn't upset.

      Delete
    2. It probably helped that he saw you cutting it. Sometimes kids get upset when they see you after a drastic hair cut. I remember Eva being very upset once when I had all my long hair cut into a bob! I'm glad he was there laughing while you had it done. :)

      Delete
  6. love those earrings. i think it's a great look on you.

    ...and whoever said that it's empowering to cut off your hair in your own terms is really wise. Like Gandalf wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you praising yourself, Derek Ma?

      Delete
    2. Yan... praising myself? that's a harsh assessment.... but fair. :P

      Delete
  7. Now u just need to work on that goatee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Kalun and I are going to take a picture together when he next shaves so we can look as much like together as possible. We've discovered that we have the same shaped head. Maybe that is not so surprising as we are siblings but still interesting.

      Delete
  8. You look beautiful as always! You can totally pull it off. No need for a wig Yan. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete