Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Very good very good

I am doing very well indeed. I have had very little pain and just feel very normal really. But I am just very careful not to pick up heavy objects. 

Since the beginning of my sick leave, I have been watching the Commonwealth Games, which have been brilliant for the home nations. Also this week my parents have been preparing to move out of the takeaway business that they have ran for 31 years as they have sold it on. It's been a very busy and mad time, as my parents haven't realised just how much stuff they have (most people don't), and it wasn't till we started packing (5 days before we are supposed to vacate the place) that the reality dawned on them. I haven't really been able to partake in the packing and moving due to my operation so I have been looking after my brother's children so he and my sister-in-law could help. And we drafted in friends to also help us, and one of them told me in amazement how she had moved three hi-fi systems into the garage! My brother and I view my parents like a very broad supermarket as they normally have anything that we ever need for our lives. We have learnt not to buy anything until we have asked them first, because 9.5 times out of 10 they have it. They even had a spare bread machine when I asked them! Part of their excuse is that they both come from poor backgrounds so they don't like throwing things away, and like to accumulate as they never want to run out. This mentality has made them into mild hoarders!

I have a hospital visit this Thursday to get the results from my surgery, and also to discuss dates for my upcoming radiotherapy treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment