Thursday, August 28, 2014

Margins Clear!

I am so happy! The doc said that my margins from the latest operation are clear of cancer cells! Hooray! That means no more surgery and I can move onto the next stage of my treatment. I was really dreading bad news when I was going in there, but what wonderful news instead! Phew. Thank you Father for you are a good and gracious God! I have an appointment with the radiotherapy dept in mid Sept to plan my radiotherapy treatment so this blog may become a big sparse till then. I was hoping to update everyone with how I have been spending my days, but I haven't settled into a routine yet as one-off events keep popping up (my parents' business sale and the additional op). But my days are beginning to settle down. I recently wrote down a list of things I should be focusing on, and these were bible study, improving my fitness, chinese studies, improving my cooking and learning creative writing. This sounds like a lot, but it's not. I'm not intending to do all of these every day, but one or two but having a list is good so I am not aimless. 

I have been doing my chinese homework in preparation for the new academic year and I've also ordered some cookery books. I've also been on a creative writing workshop which was very fun, and I've just bought a new bike so I am making progress with my goals. I am very excited about my new bike arriving as I am a very active person and have despaired that I have been unable to work out much this year (understandably). So I am looking forward to getting back out into the open air and letting off some steam!

Thank God for today's outcome. I feel like I have been told that I can pass!


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic news Yan!! God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Yan! Good luck with all your new projects. You are going to be a busy bee. :)

    ReplyDelete