Friday, August 8, 2014

More surgery needed

The test from the lab came back saying that not all of my cancerous cells were cut out. They found cancerous cells in the margin around the tumour. Which means that I will need to go back for more surgery. I am really fed up of this now. I just want it to be over. My breast care nurse was not able to tell me how much more they would take so I got upset when she implied that it might be my whole breast. Medical staff really should stop implying things like that when they don't know. It scares people. Unfortunately by the time of my appointment, she hadn't been able to get hold of my doctor and my results had been received today. I have to go back to see him on Monday.

My general feeling is that I am feeling delicate - emotionally, mentally and psychologically. It's been such an upheaval to deal with what each stage of treatment brings; accepting that I may become infertile with chemo, psyching myself up for and dealing with the side effects of the chemo, undergoing surgery for various things as well as managing work and trying to still have a normal life.

The best thing about today was that our shop exchanged and completed this morning. Hooray! My parents are at last retired and can take it easy. Even though we were scheduled to complete today, I expected it to be delayed. So I was pleasantly surprised when it was all completed by midday this morning.

I also went out with a some friends to see 'Singing in the Rain' at the Hippodrome this evening, which was perfect. It took my mind of my bad news. It was a good distraction. It'll be alright. This is just a setback. Just need to wait till Monday to find out what the situation is.

In the meantime I will look forward to going to the the Balloon Fiesta tomorrow with my entire family. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yan, I'm so sorry to hear that you are going to need more surgery. You are doing an amazing job of staying positive and focusing on the good things in your life as a way to get through this trying time. I'm sure your parents are so relieved to have retired now so that they are able to support you and to spend more time with their gorgeous grandchildren. Sending you lots of positive thoughts and love. Tish x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tish. Your encouragement is very appreciated as I need it! Having my parents retired is a relief as you are right as they are more able to support me. Before they had to focus on the business as well which was hard for them. Thank you so much for your love xx

      Delete