Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Good Progress

My eyelid check up went well. The doc was pleased with my progress. He told me to finish the course of antibiotics, keep my eyelids clean and to not wear contact lenses until things have settled down. Good, good, good. I just wish my eyelashes would hurry up and grow back. I miss them. I can really tell the difference now that I don't have many of them left. I am more susceptible to dirt and things going into my eyes.

My breast care doctor also rang to tell me that my surgery is next Tuesday (19th). It'll be at a private hospital this time as he couldn't find a surgery space at a NHS hospital for me for the next month. And I need it soon for the radiotherapy to progress. The surgery will be in the evening so I will need to stay overnight. He was keen to emphasise that they wouldn't be taking very much from me. Good, there's not much of me to take.

Here I am looking very healthy with my brother, enjoying the Bristol Balloon Fiesta:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Yan, I love all the photos of you and your family at the balloon festival. It sounds like your doctors have given you some good news this week and I really hope that your operation next week goes smoothly. I thought you might have to wait longer for it, so it must be a relief to hear that you can get it out of the way quite quickly. Thinking of you lots. Love Tish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you looking better! I miss getting hugs from you :) Hope everything goes smoothly on Tuesday. Thinking of you and will keep praying. Love!

    ReplyDelete