Monday, August 11, 2014

Not as bad as I thought

Saw the doc today. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Best practise is that they normally like to have 2mm of healthy tissue around the tumour when it is cut out. They only got 1mm from me on the one side of the tumour, so they are going to take 1mm more from that side. It's a bit technical because it's not just about getting a healthy margin around the tumour, it is also because they found dormant cancer cells on that side which could grow. He doesn't know when the surgery will be yet and will notify me when he has scheduled it, but it will be soon.

Over the weekend when I had given it more thought, I had guessed that it wasn't going to be a mastectomy as you can't suddenly go from a 12mm lumpectomy to a complete mastectomy. I was very relieved for them to confirm this.

Eyelid check up tomorrow. The medical stuff just never ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment