Thursday, October 16, 2014

Radiotherapy Started

My radiotherapy started today and it's not very exciting. I lie on the treatment table, the radiographers adjust my body to the exact position that was recorded in my planning session. Then a machine that is a bigger version of the light that is used when you go to the dentist, is positioned to one side of me and the treatment is given. And then the opposite side. There is no beam that I can see and I don't feel anything. The treatment is over in 10 minutes. However, the side effects are tiredness and sore skin. The radiographers tell me that I probably will start to feel tired after a week/10 days of treatment.

It is funny how it is now very normal to strip in front of perfect strangers on my medical visits. And they don't bat an eyelid. They've seen it all before.

No comments:

Post a Comment